Having a baby is one of life’s greatest blessings but it can also be a challenge. That’s why the H.A.N.D.S (Health Access; Nurturing Development Services) program exists. H.A.N.D.S is a voluntary researched based education program for parents that are interested in learning about their child’s brain, motor, social and emotional development and so much more. H.A.N.D.S offers:
Have a Question?
Please do not hesitate to leave us a message. We will make sure to get back to you as soon as possible.
- Weekly in-home or video-chat visits
- Support for your growing family that respects YOUR values
- Activities designed to promote optimal child development targeted to YOUR goals
- Wal-Mart gift card incentives! Free car seats, toys, and basics!
- Professional staff that are trained in the most up-to-date parenting techniques
- Development screens to make sure your baby is on track
- Opportunities to meet other H.A.N.D.S families
- And many more learning opportunities!!!
In addition to all of that, participation with our program is FREE regardless of income or insurance coverage.
The Health Access Nurturing Development Services (HANDS) program is a free voluntary home visitation program for new and expectant parents. Families begin by meeting with a HANDS Parent Visitor who will discuss any questions or concerns about pregnancy or a baby’s first years. Based on the discussion, all families will receive information and learn about resources available in the community for new parents. Some families will receive further support through home visitation. That’s right, information brought right to the home.
Pregnant moms and/or expecting dads and families with babies under 3 months old, who reside in Garrard, KY can participate. If a family adopts a baby before the baby is 3 months old, they can participate. HANDS is available in all 120 Kentucky Counties.
Services can begin during pregnancy or any time before a child is 3 months old.
- Parents are the most important people in a baby’s life.
- Parents are the first and most important teachers a child will ever have.
- Parenting is a very demanding job, and all parents have worries, questions and stress.
- Support through your pregnancy and the early years of your baby’s life
- Ways to make your home safer for your baby
- Information on how to care for your baby
- Facts that will let you know your baby is growing and developing in healthy ways
- Activities that you and your baby can enjoy together that can stimulate your child’s brain development
- Access to other community services
Typical HANDS families stay in HANDS until the age of two. Since HANDS is a voluntary program, families can stop HANDS at any point. We find that most families stay in the program until HANDS graduation and are sad when their time in the program comes to an end.
- Healthy pregnancies and births
- Healthy child growth and development
- Healthy, safe homes
- Self-sufficient families
- Please contact us if you would like more information about this program.
For more information, please submit this form and we will get back to you shortly.